Installing CygWin is not like your average windows program. I had trouble figuring it out, hopefully this helps. I plan on doing a video as well as this is mostly a GUI related post. (Hence the Pictures).
- I like to Select "Download but don't Install"
- Switch view to "Category"
- Search for terms below one by one
- Click word "Default" next to "All" and change to "Install"
Note: I found I had to select install all for each term and then download packages, restart process and download packages for next term. Thankfully we can use general terms and it add's dependancies automatically.
- Zip folder for later
- Then re-start installer and choose "Install from Local Dir"
- At Package Selection Stage >> Click word "Default" next to "All" and change to "Install"
Note: Make sure to create shortcuts on desktop at the end of installation